Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some Highlights

Some choice moments of my day. I lost my cell phone. In.my.bra. Wait, what? I literally walked back and forth, searched high and low, inside and out only to discover my precious phone was in.my.bra. Good thing I got a text or the search would've gone on for-ever. I'm not afraid to admit this (b/c I know this happened to someone else. You know who you are.), but I've looked for my phone WHILE I was friggin' talking on it. It only happened once, but good Lord, isn't that enough? Oh, the horror of losing my mind.

Hmmm, what else. I saw two squirrels playing and running and frolicking on the fence. And then the boy got a bit aggressive, 'got his' and the poor girl had to position herself on top of a post to avoid any further clearly unwanted, advances. Listen guy, no means no.

Ben told me B is too young to understand "may I be excused, please" when she wants to leave the table. And that I need to 'lighten up'. And some other things that I've already forgotten b/c I stopped listening when I realized he was trying to offer 'parenting advice'. How about this. Suck it. I know, I know. My maturity level is at a low point right now. I'm tired. It's the end of the day. Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not really that tired. I just feel like giving my H a hard time.

Oh, here's something that irritated me. Olive decapitated my newest little hydrangea plant. I got her (yes, my plants take on genders) for Easter. She was a lovely blue shade. And now she is headless, just a simple stalk, because Olive cannot see anything but rage when Winston the Beagle steps out his backdoor. So my mad dog ran over her. And took.off.her.head. Just like the Queen from Alice in Wonderland. Only not so deliberate. It was an accidental beheading. Enough visual. Do you think you've got it? Because I could keep going. Ann Boleyn just popped in my mind.

It really was a good day. I worked out, saw friends and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. Planted some new ferns and flowers. Made lamb sliders, couscous and sauteed cherry tomatoes (delish). Enjoyed a glass wine, ate outside with the family and Ben did the dishes. Girls went to bed easily (as they should with no freaking naps). All in all, great day.

So what I lost my phone in my dress, or saw some disturbing things happening in nature. Maybe Ben has some useful hints about kids and raising them to be happy, well-adjusted adults (will keep you posted). And hopefully that hydrangea with come back next year, bigger and more beautiful than ever. And I'll put a fence around her. That may or may not be electrified.

I'm not going to put an electrified fence around my plants. But it would keep Olive the hell away from them.

So here's to looking forward to what tomorrow brings. Good, bad, forgetful and fun.

Peace. J

No comments:

Post a Comment